The design for a dresser roll is the same configuration of the finished workpiece including all areas to be ground and allowances for wheel clearance in other areas.
- The contour of the roll should be prepared to tolerances of 50% or less of part requirements.
- A microfinish of 4-32 RMS is required.
- Diamond coverage on the roll will be 1/8 inch wider than grinding wheel width, 1/16 inch on each side.
- Concentricity indicating bands must be 1/16 inch minimum on each end of the roll.
- Bore size of .0001 to .0003 inch larger than the largest diameter on the spindle shaft.
- Concentricity of bore to contours and conbands .0002 T.I.R.
- Sides square to bore to .0002 T.I.R.
- Sides parallel to .0002 T.I.R.
- Dynamically balanced to .02 inch ounces at 1750 RPM minifmum
- Permanent marking for identification.
CUSTOM BUILT DESIGNS
Truing Systems, Inc. can design diamond rolls and blocks on the customer’s title block paper. Typical requirements:
- a part print with ground surface indicated
- width and specification for the grinding wheel to be used
- Spindle size and bore diameter
- the maximum allowable size of the diamond roll
- design concepts are approved by the customer prior to manufacture of the diamond roll.